Science confirms that the fertilized egg is not “just tissue.” Instead, MDs write that: “At the moment of fertilization, your baby’s genetic make-up is complete, including its sex. Since the mother can provide only X chromosomes (she’s XX), if a Y sperm fertilizes the egg, your baby will be a boy (XY); if an X sperm fertilizes the egg, your baby will be a girl (XX).¹ Additionally, at no time of the phases of human life is there a phase called, “just tissue.” Instead, the stages of human development prior to birth are:
- Fertilized egg (or, zygote)
Factual terms, based on objective science:
- Abortion stops the existence of a developing human being.
- The uterus is not being “lessened” or “reduced” in an abortion.
- Abortion artificially changes the patient’s body from having a pregnant uterus (being pregnant) to having a non-pregnant uterus (being non-pregnant).
- In abortions, growing, differentiating cells of a new life are destroyed and removed from the uterus.
- There are new antibodies in all previously pregnant women’s bloodstreams.
- These antibodies indicate the fact that she was pregnant, regardless of how that pregnancy ends.
- No new antibodies exist in a woman’s body following a procedure which only removes “a clump of tissue”.
Quality of information you deserve:
Professionals at all clinics, including abortion clinics, are legally required to use accurate terms. Otherwise, they are not giving clear, objective information. Be aware of this. If you go to an abortion clinic, listen to the words that are spoken to you. If the staff uses terms referring to your unborn as: “a clump of cells,” or “just tissue,” be concerned for the quality of care that could be given to you. You should hear the standard obstetrical terms such as “zygote,” “embryo,” or “fetus” when referring to your unborn.²
The use of terms such as “just tissue,” “a clump of cells,” or “a contraceptive failure” are used to influence the perception of a woman who is pregnant. She may be at a vulnerable, emotional point when she asks questions from staff at an abortion clinic. According to Abby Johnson², the abortion industry uses language which de-humanizes the life within the pregnant mother’s body in an effort to increase the number of abortion procedures, resulting in more revenue.
You are a thinking person. You can handle the truth. You can make your own decisions. No one should try to affect your decision by using unclear or misleading language. You deserve better!
² www.liveaction.org and https://abbyjohnson.org