- The pain you may experience during the actual abortion procedure.
- The pain from associated physical risks, injuries, negligence or malpractice you are potentially exposing yourself to during an abortion procedure.The physical risks of abortion:
- Infection, hemorrhage,
- A torn cervix
- Uterine scarring
- Perforation of the uterus
- Air emboli
- Heart attack
- Possible future miscarriages
- Possible future infertility
- Increased risk for breast cancer
- Additional surgeries to repair or correct mistakes made during your abortion
The psychological risks of abortion:
A high percentage of women who choose abortion can experience a spectrum of emotional and behavioral suffering. In recent years, there’s growing research which indicates post abortion suffering is experienced by men as well. Examples of signs and symptoms of Post Abortion Syndrome include 1:
- Sleeping disorders
- Eating disorders
- Sexual disorders
- New or increased dependencies on drugs or alcohol
- Feelings of isolation
- Negative changes in interpersonal relationships
More information regarding abortion risks can be found here:
Is abortion painful?
What risks are there if I have an abortion?
What are the facts about teen abortion risks?
What is the connection between abortion and the the increased risk of breast cancer?
How are abortions done?
What are my rights?
What is Informed Consent?