- Do you really feel that she’s not welcome in our world?
- Do you feel that the world would be a better place if her life were sacrificed for it?
- Do you believe that one of your own children would in no way contribute toward making this world a better place?
- Is that what you believe about children – even your own?
What does it say about a society that makes a family ashamed or embarrassed to welcome additional children? Not much – and none of it complementary. But I can assure you about this –
- No one will care how large your family is a year from now.
- No one will smirk when you bring your newborn out for a walk in the stroller.
- No one will whisper when they see your other children playing with their toddler sibling in the yard.
- No one will joke when you see her off to Kindergarten.
The same people who may judge you now for having a large family will be the ones who later admire you for protecting and providing for your family, and welcoming each child you create into its loving midst.