You’ve chosen life for your other children. You’ve gone through those pregnancies and births. It couldn’t have been easy on you to have your third or fourth child. But you did. Why?
There’s always a way to somehow get an abortion. But you didn’t.
- You can blame it on not having the money soon enough.
- You can blame it on your health at the time.
- You can blame it on the complexities of managing your family.
But that’s not really why you didn’t abort your other children.
People make huge sacrifices and do amazing things to save a life.
They don’t put that same kind of energy into arranging a death.
- The reason is because it’s not in you to kill your children.
- You were created to love and nurture your children, not kill them.
- You may be bone-tired at the end of the day, but you can sleep with your head at night.
- You may not have time to go through a beauty regimen every morning, but you can be proud of the face that looks back at you in the mirror.
- When your children bring home the Mother’s Day cards they made for you in school, you know you’ve done your best to be a good mother.
- You’ve welcomed every child you created into your family.
- You can put your arms around each of your children without ever wondering what happened to the ashes of that other child when the clinic emptied its incinerator.
There is no ghost child haunting your dreams.
There is no empty seat at your supper table.
Because that’s not who you are. That’s not what you’re made of.
If you believe your family has reached its max, then celebrate the end of your childbearing years with this baby! Let this child be your last!
- Celebrate the last time you’ll see a baby smile for the first time,
- The last time you’ll feel her first little bottom tooth poking out of her gum,
- The last time you’ll watch a baby turn over for the first time.
- Bake a cake for the last time you can made a baby chuckle for the first time.
- Have a party for the last time you see a baby sit by herself for the first time.
- Celebrate the last of these “first times” with this baby!
Celebrate your womanhood, your motherhood! If this is your last child, let this era – your childbearing years – end with pride and dignity.
Because that’s the kind of woman you are.