A Pregnancy Help Center offers free pregnancy tests and confidential counseling free of charge.
Most Pregnancy Help Centers offer many additional services and referrals to community resources:
- Pregnancy education
- Childbirth and parenting classes
- Life skill classes
- Ultrasound examinations
- Education and counseling about adoption options
- Education and counseling about abortion procedures
- Post-abortion counseling
- Maternity clothes
- Baby supplies including baby clothes, diapers, furniture, and baby equipment
Not every Pregnancy Help Center will offer all of the services listed above. Some may offer fewer services, while others are equipped to offer even more than are mentioned here. Remember, pregnancy options counseling is available at no cost to clients. In most cases, all services are free of charge. In other instances, some benefits may become available to clients at no cost once they participate in a program or class.
How do I find a pregnancy help center in my area?
There are several ways to locate a Pregnancy Help Center. One way to find local Pregnancy Help Centers is by visiting this website: http://optionline.org/get-help?view=map”
Another way is to look in your own area’s Yellow Pages under the heading, “Abortion Alternatives.”
When you find a location that meets your needs, it would be a good idea to make a call to:
- Confirm their hours of operation.
- Get directions.
- Make an appointment.
- Most centers gladly welcome walk-ins, but if an appointment is made, you won’t risk arriving at a busy time and having to wait.
- If you have access to a computer, you can use the Internet Yellow Pages for your community, and search under the heading “Abortion Alternatives.”
The advantages of going to a Pregnancy Help Center are:
- You will receive face-to-face, personalized help.
- You have the opportunity to discuss your own unique set of circumstances with someone who is trained to help you.
- People trained to help you know what kind of resources are available in your own neighborhood.
- The people are compassionate.
- It’s confidential and it’s free.
This website offers an abundance of information for your consideration during the abortion decision-making process. That’s a very good start.
A Pregnancy Help Center offers services face to face in your community. Either source of information can help you make an informed decision.